Sunday, February 1, 2009

Studying... and not

I decided (or had help deciding, I'm not sure which) to study to take the MCAT... partly for fun , and mostly to see what kind of score I can get. I realize how odd that sounds, rarely are the words "MCAT" and "fun" used in the same sentence.

So now that I've decided to start studying for the MCAT, I've come up with lots and lots of things to do instead of study! The kitchen needs cleaned! What about the bathroom?! There's lots to do on the internet! Hey look, something shiny!! It's not even a conscious decision where I say "I don't want to study, what else can I do instead?" ... it's more like I suddenly realize in the middle of the afternoon, hey, I had all this time I could have studied, and instead I looked at blogs all afternoon!

My latest diversion has been the Dune series by Frank Herbert. The first one was awesome, the second was a little weirder, and by the sixth book, they're just downright kooky. But since when has that been an excuse to stop reading, just because you have about a thousand other things you could be doing with your Saturday afternoon!?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maybe you need a mommy to stand near you and say "Hey stupid! Get busy or you can't go play with your friends" - course a good mommy would never call you stupid.